A recent incident occurred involving a disc cutter being used without dust suppression.
Cutting concrete products creates fine dust called Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) and can cause serious health problems which may eventually prove to
be fatal. (cancer or silicosis).
The control measures below should be followed:
1. Follow the task method statement and risk assessment for the project.
2. Ensure you have received Abrasive Wheel training.
3. Ensure you have received a face fit test and have a FFP3 Face Mask/ respirator.
4. Check the dust suppression equipment is working prior to starting work.
5. Maintain/ clean the equipment on a regular basis.
6. Report any faults to the Site Manager immediately.
If we could be of further service or advice regarding
Health & Safety for your company,
then contact Matt at SafeAid UK on:
Tel: 01206 842282 ~ 0779 538 5380
Email: info @safeaiduk.com