GLA Academy are currently looking to recruit a self-motivated tutor within the roofing tiling industry. We have recently been awarded a Ministry of Justice contract to deliver roof tiling training within prisons and we are looking for the right people to join our team.
Do you believe that offenders deserve a second chance, and a pathway to follow that stops them from reoffending? Do you have compassion and inspiration to make a difference to those who are seeking a better future, and want to turn their lives around? If you can answer yes to these questions, then you could be the right person to join our team.
- To teach basic tiling and slating and associated skills, following established lesson plans
- To inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and knowledge
- To support learners on their journey to release and employment
With full support from the Admin Support Team who will:
- Provide admin and day to day operational support
- Arrange interviews for offenders with potential employers prior to their release
- Actively seek employment and work placement opportunities for offenders on their release
The person and qualifications
- Proven industry experience
- A recognised teaching qualification (PTLLS or TQUK) or working towards a teaching qualification
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS and complete the prison vetting process
- Willing to travel across London and the South East
Job type – Full time
Salary – £26,000 – £30,000 plus usual benefits
Please call GLA Group on 01206 845000 to discuss this exciting opportunity further, and request an application form.