Citation – HSE annual injury and ill-health statistics for 2018/2019
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has published new statistics on the number of injuries and incidents of ill-health in workplaces across Great Britain.
Though Great Britain continues to be one of the safest places to work, the figures suggest there are still lots of areas to improve to prevent ill-health, injuries and fatalities.
Compiled from the Labour Force Survey and other sources, they indicated that in Great Britain in 2018/2019 there were:
- 4 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 147 workers killed at work
- 581,000 working people sustaining an injury at work
- 69,208 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated costs of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2017/18)
Keep on top of everything
Whether you are new to managing Health & Safety or want to make sure you’ve got everything covered, it’s always worth refreshing your knowledge on best practice, particularly as legislation can change.
To help keep you started, we’ve collected some useful guides and resources from our partner, Citation, who support over 40,000 businesses UK-wide with Health & Safety.
- Accident reporting – a checklist outlining what employers need to know
- Getting risk assessments right – an overview for businesses
- Health & Safety checklist – ideal for beginners and those wanting a quick refresh
- COSHH risk assessments – your complete free guide
- Fee For Intervention (FFI) checklist – to help you avoid costly fines
- Free manual handling poster, for you to print and stick up around your premises
- Contractor Health & Safety – guidance for employers
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaire cheat sheet – key Health & Safety considerations
- Fire safety roles and responsibilities – to help prevent the worst from happening
- Health & Safety policy template – to help you spread best practice internally
Available support from Citation
Citation are experts in Health & Safety and can offer you preferential rates on their services. This includes a dedicated local consultant, 24/7 advice line, and full legal documentation.