The Confederation of Roofing Contractors 2000 Ltd are pleased to announce that we are insurance brokers registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) – Reg no: 968078
Please note IBG’s are a chargeable service.
An Insurance Backed Guarantee is an Insurance Policy that will honour the terms of the guarantee you provide to your customers for both materials and Workmanship should your business cease trading. To clarify ceasing to trade is due to liquidation, receivership, administration or winding up due to bankruptcy, state retirement or the death of the principals.
Please note, all works must be paid for in full before an insurance backed guarantee can be given to your customers. We cannot insure work that has not been paid for.
We are a trade association as well as an insurance company. We aim to be as honest and transparent as possible with all members and customers. This does mean that if you cannot offer IBG’s for any reason, we do have to make this clear to the customer. We will not disclose at any point the nature of why you are unable to order them however, we will have to make them aware you have not passed the screening currently.
All of our insurance backed guarantees cover roofing only and are for 10 years.
- For IBG’s with a contract value of £100k and higher please contact us in advance of works starting. IBG’s with a contract value of £100k and higher are subject to an underwriting referral and will also be subject to a successful technical survey.
- All guarantees are processed in house and we aim to get these to you within 24 hours of ordering. Currently, we are able to get them to you within around 15 minutes of payment.
- The CORC reserve the right to decline or refuse IBG requests.
- Commercial IBG’s take a little longer than residential dependant on certain factors. Commercial properties are non lived in properties such as businesses, schools, and charities.
- IBG’s cannot cover any repairs. Only new work can be covered.
- IBG’s do not cover paint or resin. If you are unsure whether it can be covered, please contact us and we can let you know.
To request an insurance backed guarantee please answer the below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for each individual guarantee:
Date work completed:
Contract value including VAT:
Brief description of works: