Confederation of Roofing Contractors
Association House, 22D Victoria Place, Brightlingsea, Essex. CO7 0BX
Telephone: 01206 306600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.corc.co.uk
July/ August 2018 – Issue 10
In this issue
- Confederation of Roofing Contractors – How to make the most of your membership
- Deposit Protection Insurance
- July & August new members
- Roof of the Month – July & August
Confederation of Roofing Contractors – How to make the most out of your membership
- Insurance backed guarantees and deposit protection insurance are a great selling tool. This gives your customers peace of mind and also, something most roofers do not seem to give. This is sure to help you win quotes. Please let us know via e mail if you need any insurance leaflets to give out to your customers.
- Complaints and Arbitration: You may have noticed that we do not have the facility for reviews on our site for our members. We feel that negative reviews can sometimes be biased or vindictive and can harm a company unnecessarily. With this in mind, we ask people to call us directly whether it be a complaint against one of our roofers or if our roofers need help dealing with a customer. Mark in the office deals with this and will help you in any way to try and resolve issues quickly and amicably.
- Social Media: We have a very active social media presence with a very large following. This makes it very easy to share and promote our roofers works and businesses. Please follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook and tag us in anything that you do so that we are able to share it with over 15,000 followers.
- Roof of the Month – Please send us your pictures for roof of the month. This is promoted on our website and all across social media.
- Motivation Monday: Also promoted across social media. A member was given a large contract on the strength of one of their photos this year.
- Website: Please check your listing on our website, this is where we can showcase what you do and is looked at by thousands of people a day. If anything needs changing please e mail us.
- Should you find you are having difficulties in getting a payment from a customer you can contact us and we will forward you to a company who will act on your behalf to ensure you get what is rightfully yours. Initial consultation is free to all CORC members and letters will be sent on your behalf if a customer has no valid reason to withhold your payment.
- We also have a solicitor who is available to give legal advice on any construction issue and we will keep you updated with any new laws or regulations that come into force and could affect you.
- Documents: We keep all documents you may need to help you remain compliant. Please e mail us should you need any templates for contracts, cooling off periods, guarantees etc.
If you have any questions or queries please e mail email@example.com or call 01206 306600.
Deposit Protection Insurance
Our insurance company provides deposit protection insurance at no extra cost with an insurance backed guarantee for further peace of mind for your customer.
To order one please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
Site address and postcode
Date the deposit was paid
Contract value + VAT
Deposit amount paid
Is the property residential or commercial?
The deposit protection guarantee is ordered at the beginning of works and costs the same amount as in insurance backed guarantee. The insurance will be back with you the next day and will include a FREE insurance backed guarantee.
New Members – July & August
We would like to welcome the following as our members; we know that their professionalism and hard work will be a credit to our industry.
Roof of the Month – July & August 2018
We have been inundated with excellent work by our members for Roof of the Month July and August.
Unfortunately, due to annual leave in the office, we have not had time to present July’s winners so we have taken the 4 most voted for roofs to win for both months.
It was very close between all entrants but the winners were:
Flat: New Vision Roofing Services
Flat: D.Jones Roofing Contractors Ltd
Pitch: C & W Industrial Roofing Services Ltd
Pitch: Bridge Roofing Ltd
Entries are now being received for September, all of this year’s winners will be entered into Roof of the Year 2018 of which the winner will get a FREE years membership. Please enter online http://www.corc.co.uk/enter-roof-of-the-month/ or by e mailing email@example.com.