Confederation of Roofing Contractors
Association House, 22D Victoria Place, Brightlingsea, Essex. CO7 0BX
Telephone: 01206 306600
Email: email@example.com Web: www.corc.co.uk
September 2018 – Issue 11
In this issue
- Membership Directory 2018-2019
- Public Liability Insurance Documents
- Citation – FREE HR & Health and Safety Business Briefings
- September new members
- Roof of the Month – September
- GLA Training Academy – Colchester, Essex
Membership Directory 2018-2019
Our A4, glossy page membership directory is currently underway ready to be distributed in December 2018.
Burrows Communications are undertaking this for us and you may have already had a call from Chris O’Dell asking if you would like bigger advertising space.
As a member, each and every one of you will be in the directory free of charge however, if you would like to stand out with a box such as the below, it costs £65 + VAT. Please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Membership directories will be sent to yourselves if you wish, to every UK council and to roofing manufacturers and suppliers across the UK,
If you have any questions or queries please e mail email@example.com or call 01206 306600.
Public Liability Insurance Documents
You may recently have received an e mail from us asking you for your updated public liability insurance. Please, if you haven’t done so already, send this across to us as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is a requirement that we need for your membership.
When a member of the public calls to ask us about your company, we have to let them know that your insurance is up to date and correct.
We do not need the whole document, just the part which states that you are insured for roofing (usually found in the statement of fact.
Citation – Free HR & Health and Safety Business Briefings
New Members – September
We would like to welcome the following as our members; we know that their professionalism and hard work will be a credit to our industry.
Roof of the Month – September 2018
We have been inundated with excellent work by our members for Roof of the Month September.
There was an equal number of votes for two pitch entries so we have 2 pitch winners this month.
It was very close between all entrants but the winners were:
Flat: ERC (Essential Roof Coverings)
Pitch: D. Adams & Sons Roofing
Pitch: Heaton Wilson Roofing
Entries are now being received for October, all of this year’s winners will be entered into Roof of the Year 2018 of which the winner will get a FREE years membership. Please enter online http://www.corc.co.uk/enter-roof-of-the-month/ or by e mailing email@example.com.
GLA Training Academy – Colchester, Essex
As roofing contractors, GLA are aware of the difficulty in recruiting people who have no basic roofing training yet demand an adult wage from their first day of employment. The GLA Training Academy aims to help solve this problem.
- Learners will receive intensive practical training in slating and tiling, based in a safe, purpose made environment at our premises in Colchester.
- The comprehensive four week course takes learners through health and safety procedures, ladder training, felt and battening, laying interlocking tiles, plain tiles and slates and fitting all necessary eaves/ridge and hip details.
- They will take formal certificated qualifications in Working Safely at Height, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheel Training and Asbestos Awareness.
- On completion of the course, they will be ready to take the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test which is the main requirement for qualifying for a CSCS Labourer Card. This will enable them to be valuable recruits to an industry desperately short of people from day one of employment.
- GLA can design a tailor-made course varying in length from a 5-day course to the four-week course, to a one day a week course over six or eight weeks, according to our clients’ needs. At present, we are working with establishments such as Project Nova, HMP Service, NEEPs and Housing Associations, who are all looking to get their people into work in the roofing industry.
- This is our main objective and as such we will be contacting roofing companies local to our learners’ homes to introduce them to our new trainees. We are confident local companies will welcome the opportunity to employ people who have a sound basic knowledge of roofing.
They will be holding the official launch of the GLA Training Academy on 11th October between 3.30 and 6.30pm. All are welcome. Please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an official invitation.