Confederation of Roofing Contractors
Association House, 22D Victoria Place, Brightlingsea, Essex. CO7 0BX
Telephone: 01206 306600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.corc.co.uk
March 2018 – Issue 5
In this issue
- Confederation of Roofing Contractors – New Introduction Sheet
- Documents for members to use
- The Flat Roof Company – Tuffdek
- February new members
- Roof of the Month – February
- Top tips for snow and ice
Confederation of Roofing Contractors- New Introduction Sheet
We have recently created a new introduction sheet for all members to give to their customers.
The introduction sheet includes our logo, details of our vetting procedure, your membership number, address and date of joining.
This sheet has only gone to our members and is not available to download for data protection reasons.
We are hoping this will help you secure more quotes whilst ensuring your customer of the ways you have been checked and that they are dealing with a reputable company.
We have had a very positive response to it so far.
If you haven’t received a copy and would like one please call us on 01206 306600 or e mail email@example.com.
Documents for all members to use
We have an extensive list of documents available for all of our members to use as part of your membership. Should you wish to be sent any of the below, please call or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insurance Backed Guarantee Samples for 10 and 20 years
- Lead Weight Charts
- Building Regulations Leaflet
- Fire Safety Documents
- HSE Roofing Booklet
- PPE information
- Working at Height Regulations
- Health & Safety Policies
- Method Statement
- Risk Assessment
- Employers guide to sick pay
- The consumer contract
- Zero hours contract
- Logos (in all different formats)
- Conditions of Contract
- 14 Day cooling off period and waiver form
- Customer satisfaction questionnaire
- Company Guarantee
The Flat Roof Company – Tuffdek
New Members – February
We would like to welcome the following as our members; we know that their professionalism and hard work will be a credit to our industry.
Roof of the Month – February 2018
We have been inundated with excellent work by our members for Roof of the Month February.
It was very close between all entrants but the winners were:
Flat: R.J Evans Flat Roofing Ltd
Joint Pitch: Skyline Roofing & Building Ltd
Joint Pitch: A.P.G Roofing
Entries are now being received for March, all of this year’s winners will be entered into Roof of the Year 2018 of which the winner will get a FREE years membership. Please enter online http://www.corc.co.uk/enter-roof-of-the-month/ or by e mailing email@example.com.
Top Tips for the Snow and Ice
- Check the weather before you start work. Check the local and national forecast so you are fully aware of inbound weather.
- Communicate with the office, let them know all that is going on at your current location.
- Make sure you and your team are all wearing appropriate clothing, there is no excuse for being unprepared. Make sure you have your issued PPE with you and that it is worn.
- Keep warm, do not let yourselves get cold or wet.
- Take regular breaks, drink hot fluids and eat warm food (if possible) to help warm up.
- Remember, if the job can wait for a better day to complete safely then that is the safest choice for all team members and the company.
Do not put yourselves or your employees at risk!